Microblading Or Cosmetic Tattooing
Feather Touch Or Hair Stroke
Microblading is a manual hand tool method of semi permanent tattooing for your eyebrows which creates extremely natural looking hair strokes. The results? Perfectly natural looking, thick, full brows. The pigment is applied with a specific hand tool that has a row of several needles to create thin hair like marks in the skin. Your artist will choose needles and the blade type according to the technique and the skin type. The pigment is bladed just below the epidermis and the most shallow part of the dermis, making extremely natural looking hair strokes. A very natural result is achieved, as the hairs are bladed into the skin according to the natural hair growth direction.
A touch up is recommended 4-5 weeks after your initial treatment. If clients do not return within 6 weeks after their initial 1st visit then full price will be charged at $550. Please give us a call if you have any further queries on this matter .
1st treatment visit (1.5 – 2 hrs)
-Customised brow design to suit your needs.
-Strong numbing with a topical anesthetic before commencing procedure and during for your comfort
1st Visit $375
2nd Visit Touch-up $375 (within 4-5 weeks)
This is a must and needs to be had within 4 – 5 weeks after 1st visit.
Otherwise price will be charged at full price of $750 any time after 5 weeks
Colour Boost / Touch Up /Appointments
FOR EXISTING CLIENTS
1 x Refreshment / Top up / Colour Boost Appointment 12 months & under: $100
1 x Refreshment / Top up/ Colour Boost Appointment over 12 – 18 months: $150
1 x Refreshment / Top up/ Colour Boost Appointment 18 months – 2 years $300
2 x Refreshment / Top up/ Colour Boost Appointment over 3 years: $550 back to full price
If any additional touch-ups are needed after these ones listed cost will be $80.
- Clients are unable to bring anyone into the room during the procedure.
We require a $50 booking fee to secure your appointment time.
Please read our Cancellation and Missed appointments policy below.
Prices are subject to change without notice.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is Microblading or Cosmetic Tattooing?
Microblading or Cosmetic Tattooing is a manual hand tool method of semi permanent tattooing for your eyebrows which creates extremely fine natural looking hair strokes. The results? Perfectly natural looking, thick, full brows. The pigment is applied with a specific hand tool that has a row of several fine needles to create thin hair like marks in the skin. Your artist will choose needles and the blade type according to the technique and the skin type. The pigment is bladed just below the epidermis and the shallowest part of the dermis, making extremely fine natural looking hair strokes. A very natural result is achieved, as the hairs are bladed into the skin according to the natural hair growth direction.
A touch up is recommended 4-5 weeks after your initial treatment. If clients do not return within 6 weeks after their initial 1st visit then full price will be charged at $750. Please give us a call if you have any further queries on this matter.
How long does Microblading or Cosmetic Tattooing last?
Since microblading pigments are not implanted into the skin as deep as traditional tattoos, the area will naturally fade overtime. Microblading typically lasts 1-3 years, depending on skin type (normal, oily, dry), age (youthful/mature). Skincare routine will also affect the lasting effect of the pigment: patients who tan, use products with AHA or Glycolic Acid will fade faster as your skin will resurface faster. Each individual’s colour retention within the skin will vary. To maintain the brows looking fresh, a touch up is suggested every 12-18 months. Clients can let the microbladed area fade over time, but please note a slight shadow may remain.
Is Microblading or Cosmetic Tattooing painful?
The service can be a little uncomfortable for those who are more sensitive. The pain level for the procedure is considered mild to none. Prior to the procedure your brow technician will apply a topical anesthetic to numb the area, and it is also reapplied during the procedure. Everyone responds differently to anesthetic; depending on the client, the feeling of the procedure has been described as light cat scratches to not feeling anything. Topical anesthetics used may contain lidocaine, prilocaine, benzocaine, tetracaine and epinephrine. After the procedure, redness and slight swelling in the area is normal.
How long does the service last?
The appointment should take about two hours sometimes less.
Are there any pre-existing conditions that interfere with consideration for a Microblading treatment?
• Breastfeeding (treatment is possible, must express milk beforehand and use expressed milk for 48hrs after tattooing
• On keloids or if you have tendency to keloid, birthmarks or moles.
• Serious diseases such as cancer, epilepsy, autoimmune disorders (doctor’s note is required)
• Circulatory disorders (doctor’s note is required)
• Any bleeding disorders (doctor’s note is required)
• You’re taking blood thinning medication
• Currently on Accutane or other strong retinoids (must wait until 6 months after treatment ends)
• If any skin diseases symptoms or irritation appears on the area.
• You’ve recently had Botox or Disport treatment (must wait 3 weeks after botox or disport)
• Old Tattooing ( I do NOT go over anyone else’s work )
• You have a broken capillary in the eyebrows area
• If you have sunburn.
• After waxing (must wait 3 days)
• After chemical peels (must wait two weeks)
Risks and complications?
We take all proper precautions for a safe session by using sterilized equipment, new needles and in a sanitized environment. Should clients follow our pre and post care instructions, there should be minimal risks or complications. Although allergic reactions to the pigments are rare, it could be possible for certain individuals. We suggest a pigment patch test for individuals who have high skin sensitivities or are sensitive to:
- Topical makeup products
- Gold, silver and nickel
- Hair dyes
Patch tests should be performed 5-7 days prior.
Is there anything I need to do to prepare for my service?
- Do not drink coffee, alcohol or energizing drinks on the day of treatment.
• Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Ibuprofen 24 hours before treatment.
• Do n1ot take omega3 (fish oil) 1 week before treatment.
• Do not tan or have intense sun exposure 3 days before treatment.
• No waxing 2-3 days before treatment.
• No chemical peels, dermabrasion, laser or any other intense treatments 2 weeks before treatment. • Shower and fix your hair as you need to take extra care not to get your brows wet for several days.
What can I expect during my service?
As with all cosmetic procedures, individuals should not make their choices lightly. We always recommend clients do their research, understand the procedure and compare different artists’ work and portfolio when making their decisions. Michelle will do her utmost best to shape and style the eyebrows to the clients’ satisfaction prior to the procedure. Every effort will be made to achieve an even appearance, but please realize our faces are never perfectly symmetrical. If there is uneven appearance this can be fixed during the touch up session. Pigment discoloration and colour correction any fall out of colour can also be fixed during the touch up session. Microbladed brows will eventually fade away if no additional touch ups are done. You can see the majority of my before and after pictures via my Facebook page Cosmetic Tattooing By Michelle
Here’s a quick rundown of a typical service provided by Michelle our Brow artist:
- Before the appointment begins, I will get you to fill out a detailed client card which needs to be signed. I will provide a quick consultation to discuss expectations and results of the treatment.
- I will then draw on the eyebrow shape according to the clients’ individual needs. Brows are measured perfectly to complement your unique face shape and size.
- Next, I will choose the perfect colour for you.
- Initial strokes are placed, then anesthetic is applied to reduce any discomfort.
- Pigment is worked into each stroke to define the brow.
- After, a pigment mask is left to absorb into the skin.
- Once that’s finished, I clean the area thoroughly. All needles and blades are disposable.
- After the service, I will supply the client with aftercare cream and after care instructions to take home. Aftercare is extremely important.
Is there any after-procedure care?
Yes! Make sure to avoid ALL of the following:
Increased sweating, practicing sports, swimming, hot sauna, hot bath or jacuzzi, sun tanning or salon tanning.
- • Any laser or chemical treatments or peelings, and/or any creams containing Retin-A or Glycol Acid on the face or neck.
• Picking, peeling or scratching of the micro pigmented area in order to avoid scarring of the area or removal of the pigment.
• Performing tasks related to heavy household cleaning such as garage or basement cleaning where there is a lot of airborne debris.
• Driving in open air vehicles such as convertibles, boats, bicycles or motorcycles.
• Touching of the eyebrow area except for when rinsing and applying the post-care cream with a cotton swab.
• Before showering apply a layer of post-care cream to protect your eyebrows from moisture. During the shower keep your face away from the shower head. Itching and flaking may appear during the first seven days’ post microblading procedure, However, experience has shown that by following these aftercare instructions these symptoms may quickly disappear.
- Do not immerse brow area in water for 14 days. When showering, make sure to avoid face area. When cleaning or washing face, make sure to avoid brows and clean around it.
- Do not put makeup directly on the brow area for a minimum of 10 days. Microbladed area is an open wound, using makeup may cause infections.
- Avoid alcohol (in excess) aspirin/ibuprofen and any vitamins that may thin your blood for 24 hours. These may lead to slow healing of wounds.
Once completely healed, always apply a layer of sunscreen SPF 30 on your eyebrows when exposed to the sun. Sun exposure might cause the colour pigment to fade away more quickly.
After your procedure, clients MUST also follow these instructions:
- Within 2 hours after the procedure, clean brows using a q-tip and lightly moisten with distilled or cooled downed boiling water. Gently wipe away the old healing balm and any lymphatic liquid (clear yellowish liquid) that may have built up. Lightly pat dry with tissue and using a new q-tip, re-apply healing balm to the brows.
- Make sure to apply a light layer of healing balm morning afternoon and night to brows for at least 7-10 days.
- Do not over apply healing balm.
Is the touch up session necessary?
Yes! A touch up session after 4-5 weeks is necessary as everyone heals differently and outcome will vary. Certain areas may not pick up during first session and will need to be refilled. Pigment colour may need to be adjusted, brow thickness and more strokes can be added. Individuals with oily skin often require a deeper shade during the touch up session as the oils tend to lighten the pigment. Most importantly, your touch up session is when we refine your brows to ensure it looks perfect and retains the colour for the whole year! Some clients will fade quicker than others.
Can I get my touch up session sooner than 4 weeks?
Touch up sessions should not be done earlier than 4 weeks after initial microblading session as pigment color has not fully settled into the skin. Most importantly, this is to prevent scar damage as the tissue requires time to completely heal.
What happens during the touch up?
The touch up is recommended 4-5 weeks after initial treatment. During your touch up, I will fill in missing hairs, add or make hairs longer or just achieve a darker colour. I will adjust to wherever it’s needed.
What’s the Microblading (Cosmetic Tattooing) healing process like?
Your new eyebrows will go through several phases during the healing cycle. True reflection of healed colour can only be assessed 3-4 weeks after treatment. Touch-ups and/or correction of the shape/design is highly recommended at least 4 – 5 weeks after initial treatment. It will go from too dark, to too light, to just right!
Immediately after the procedure, the pigment will appear very sharp and dark. This is because the pigment is still sitting on top of your skin and has not yet settled in completely. The colour of the pigment will soften gradually (do not be alarmed if you see some pigment on the cotton swab as this is excess pigment and/or body fluid that is naturally exiting your skin).
Once the healing of the skin starts taking place it will look like dandruff flakes or dry skin. This might give you the impression that the colour pigment is fading too quickly. However, this is just superficial colour and dry skin being naturally removed from your eyebrows.
Your eyebrows will be the lightest tones during days 5-12 because the colour is absorbed in the deeper layers of the skin. Later skin cells push it back to the upper layers. Once the healing is completed, you will enjoy a pair of beautiful, new, natural looking eyebrows.
Cancellation or Missed appointment policies?
Clients are able to cancel or reschedule appointments at anytime with a minimum of 24 hours notice prior to the appointment time, otherwise a $100 fee will be charged. To book a reservation, you must provide a valid credit card that is in your name.
A $50 booking fee will be charged at time of booking to secure your appointment. If for some reason you change your mind or need to cancel your appointment within a 48 hour period and do not wish to reschedule. This fee can be refunded back to your credit card. To cancel or reschedule, please call us. Confirmation of cancellation needs to be done via phone. Please leave a message if we are with clients. We will return your call as soon as we can. Contact 0356291138
Still have more questions or to book an appointment?
Bookings or if you still have any more questions or enquiries, feel free to give us a call on 0356291138 or email email@example.com