Is there anything I need to do to prepare for my service?
- Do not drink coffee, alcohol or energizing drinks on the day of treatment.
• Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Ibuprofen 24 hours before treatment.
• Do n1ot take omega3 (fish oil) 1 week before treatment.
• Do not tan or have intense sun exposure 3 days before treatment.
• No waxing 2-3 days before treatment.
• No chemical peels, dermabrasion, laser or any other intense treatments 2 weeks before treatment. • Shower and fix your hair as you need to take extra care not to get your brows wet for several days.
Is there any after-procedure care?
Yes! Make sure to avoid ALL of the following:
Increased sweating, practicing sports, swimming, hot sauna, hot bath or jacuzzi, sun tanning or salon tanning.
- • Any laser or chemical treatments or peelings, and/or any creams containing Retin-A or Glycol Acid on the face or neck.
• Picking, peeling or scratching of the micro pigmented area in order to avoid scarring of the area or removal of the pigment.
• Performing tasks related to heavy household cleaning such as garage or basement cleaning where there is a lot of airborne debris.
• Driving in open air vehicles such as convertibles, boats, bicycles or motorcycles.
• Touching of the eyebrow area except for when rinsing and applying the post-care cream with a cotton swab.
• Before showering apply a layer of post-care cream to protect your eyebrows from moisture. During the shower keep your face away from the shower head. Itching and flaking may appear during the first seven days’ post microblading procedure, However, experience has shown that by following these aftercare instructions these symptoms may quickly disappear.
- Do not immerse brow area in water for 14 days. When showering, make sure to avoid face area. When cleaning or washing face, make sure to avoid brows and clean around it.
- Do not put makeup directly on the brow area for a minimum of 10 days. Microbladed area is an open wound, using makeup may cause infections.
- Avoid alcohol (in excess) aspirin/ibuprofen and any vitamins that may thin your blood for 24 hours. These may lead to slow healing of wounds.
Once completely healed, always apply a layer of sunscreen SPF 30 on your eyebrows when exposed to the sun. Sun exposure might cause the colour pigment to fade away more quickly.
After your procedure, clients MUST also follow these instructions:
- Within 2 hours after the procedure, clean brows using a q-tip and lightly moisten with distilled or cooled downed boiling water. Gently wipe away the old healing balm and any lymphatic liquid (clear yellowish liquid) that may have built up. Lightly pat dry with tissue and using a new q-tip, re-apply healing balm to the brows.
- Make sure to apply a light layer of healing balm morning afternoon and night to brows for at least 7-10 days.
- Do not over apply healing balm.
Is the touch up session necessary?
Yes! A touch up session after 4-5 weeks is necessary as everyone heals differently and outcome will vary. Certain areas may not pick up during first session and will need to be refilled. Pigment colour may need to be adjusted, brow thickness and more strokes can be added. Individuals with oily skin often require a deeper shade during the touch up session as the oils tend to lighten the pigment. Most importantly, your touch up session is when we refine your brows to ensure it looks perfect and retains the colour for the whole year! Some clients will fade quicker than others.
Can I get my touch up session sooner than 4 weeks?
Touch up sessions should not be done earlier than 4 weeks after initial microblading session as pigment color has not fully settled into the skin. Most importantly, this is to prevent scar damage as the tissue requires time to completely heal.
What happens during the touch up?
The touch up is recommended 4-5 weeks after initial treatment. During your touch up, I will fill in missing hairs, add or make hairs longer or just achieve a darker colour. I will adjust to wherever it’s needed.
What’s the Microblading (Cosmetic Tattooing) healing process like?
Your new eyebrows will go through several phases during the healing cycle. True reflection of healed colour can only be assessed 3-4 weeks after treatment. Touch-ups and/or correction of the shape/design is highly recommended at least 4 – 5 weeks after initial treatment. It will go from too dark, to too light, to just right!
Immediately after the procedure, the pigment will appear very sharp and dark. This is because the pigment is still sitting on top of your skin and has not yet settled in completely. The colour of the pigment will soften gradually (do not be alarmed if you see some pigment on the cotton swab as this is excess pigment and/or body fluid that is naturally exiting your skin).
Once the healing of the skin starts taking place it will look like dandruff flakes or dry skin. This might give you the impression that the colour pigment is fading too quickly. However, this is just superficial colour and dry skin being naturally removed from your eyebrows.
Your eyebrows will be the lightest tones during days 5-12 because the colour is absorbed in the deeper layers of the skin. Later skin cells push it back to the upper layers. Once the healing is completed, you will enjoy a pair of beautiful, new, natural looking eyebrows.
Cancellation or Missed appointment policies?
Clients are able to cancel or reschedule appointments at anytime with a minimum of 24 hours notice prior to the appointment time, otherwise a $100 fee will be charged. To book a reservation, you must provide a valid credit card that is in your name.
A $50 booking fee will be charged at time of booking to secure your appointment. If for some reason you change your mind or need to cancel your appointment within a 48 hour period and do not wish to reschedule. This fee can be refunded back to your credit card. To cancel or reschedule, please call us. Confirmation of cancellation needs to be done via phone. Please leave a message if we are with clients. We will return your call as soon as we can. Contact 0356291138
Still have more questions or to book an appointment?
Bookings or if you still have any more questions or enquiries, feel free to give us a call on 0356253383 or email firstname.lastname@example.org